Terms & Conditions
Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes, unless you are deemed to be a winner of any part of the game. In order to process your prize, your information will be processed through our service providers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) The creator of Grandpa’s VCR is Opie Productions LLC (OP), Arvada, CO 80004.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO PLAY BY THE OFFICIAL RULES, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS, AS STATED WITHIN AND AS STATED BY OP IN ANY OTHER DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST OR USE THE WEBSITE. BY USING THE WEBSITE YOU ARE DEEMED TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (“PARENT”) IN ORDER TO ENTER. All legal responsibilities of a Minor Entrant, under the Rules will be assumed by a Parent, and a Minor Winner’s Prize (as defined below) will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. If you are a minor, as defined by your state or country of legal residence (“Minor”), please get your Parent’s permission to enter this Contest, and if you are under 13 years of age, please get your Parent’s required approval of the registration and entry process.
3) OP operates the website www.GrandpasVCR.com and other web addresses that are associated to this site. Additional terms may apply to other areas of this website.
4) Grandpa’s VCR (The Game) can be played by anyone from any country provided that they have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction they normally reside in. See the Official Rules for eligibility restrictions. Anyone from any jurisdiction may play The Game, however, you may not be eligible to receive one of the prizes.
- a) We will not be responsible for any legal violations that may occur if you play The Game in a jurisdiction that does not allow this type of game. Due to costs and legal restrictions, residents of these jurisdictions are not eligible to claim or redeem any prize.
- b) Individuals who correctly win any prize in Grandpa’s VCR will be required to sign a legal document stating they have complied with all rules, eligibility requirements, and their country’s governing laws, rules, and regulations, in order to receive a prize. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of his/her Prize. Prize is subject to Colorado non-resident withholding taxes if Winner is a non-resident of Colorado.
- c) The hunt is to be done from your home, there is no reason for anyone to travel to any location anywhere to try to find something or get another clue to obtain any solution.
- d) You can use any available resource to assist you in solving the puzzles, however, any attempt to attack, misuse, login in or any unlawful means to get information from computers which you are not allowed access to will mean immediate disqualification.
If you have collaborated in your efforts with other persons, each of the participants must comply with all rules, terms, conditions, and requirements and execute all documents required by OP. Collaborators must also release OP from any liability in connection with their agreement among one another, and if OP incurs any costs or expenses, including legal expenses, in connection with collaborators’ agreement, all collaborators agree to reimburse OP for any and all such costs and expenses jointly and severally.
You agree to resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) you have with OP arising out of or relating to the Official Rules and these Terms and Conditions of Grandpa’s VCR with the court in Colorado located in Denver. The laws of the USA and the state of Colorado govern these Terms and Conditions, as well as any claim that might arise between you and OP, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Denver, CO for the purpose of litigating all such claims, if any.
- a) If anyone brings a claim against OP related to any violation of these terms and conditions by you, or related to your use of the site, your actions or your conduct in anyway related to the game, you agree to indemnify OP, its suppliers, affiliates, related companies and its partners harmless from any and all liabilities, and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to any such claim.
- b) We are deemed to have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the website of GrandpasVCR.com is functional, bug-free, safe and secure, but we cannot guarantee it, therefore YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are providing the website and the game of Grandpa’s VCR on an “AS IS” basis without any express or implied warranties including but not limited to: implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that the website of www.GrandpasVCR.com will be safe or secure.
- c) We are not responsible for the actions or content of third parties.
- d) You hereby release OP, its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such parties.
- e) OP will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or Grandpa’s VCR, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- f) Our aggregate liability arising out of these Terms and Conditions or Grandpa’s VCR WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) or the amount you have paid or donated to us.
- g) Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In such cases, OP’s LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- a) Prizes may be won by the same person.
- b) There is no deadline or limitation of the duration of the competition other than the winning entry being submitted and verified by OP.
- c) It is not likely that two winning submissions will be submitted and received at exactly the same date and time, but in the event that this may happen, OP will administer a skill testing question to be answered within a given time period and subsequent questions, if necessary, to determine the final winner of the identified prize. OP shall have the sole discretion in determining the winner, and its decision will be final and not subject to any legal action.
- d) It is the sole responsibility of the potential winner to make adequate arrangements for the redemption of prizes and such arrangements are subject to the Terms and Conditions. It is further understood that when dates and arrangements are made for the redemption of prizes that these dates and times specified cannot be altered except with express permission of the OP.
- e) All of the Official Rules are subject to the interpretation at the sole discretion of OP and all OP decisions will be final. The English language will prevail, and US law governs the competition.
- f) Winning the game depends solely on the skill and intellect of the players, chance plays no part in this competition.
- g) Spammers will be disqualified and any attempts to hack into the system or breach protocols, will result in immediate disqualification from Grandpa’s VCR.
- h) OP will not accept responsibility for any claim of loss arising from any technical fault, incomplete, misdirected, ineligible or other damaged submissions.
- i) Proof of submission is not automatically proof of receipt.
- j) Winners must pay all applicable taxes on any prizes, however, depending on the jurisdiction prize(s) may be held back pending receipt of confirmation of appropriate taxes being paid.
- k) Winners will be notified by post, telephone or email within 14 days of submission.
8) REDEMPTION OF PRIZES:
- a) You may be asked to provide your solutions(s) to the puzzles, and will be asked to execute a legal document stating you have complied with all participant rules, eligibility requirements and your country’s governing laws, rules, and regulations, in order to receive a prize.
- b) You will also be required to execute a release of liability associated in any way to OP and Grandpa’s VCR.
- c) You will be required to execute a release of privacy consenting to giving OP the right to use and publicize your name and hometown and publication for the purpose of advertising and marketing associated in any way with the game without any additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- d) Potential winners must return all required executed documents within 21 days of first attempted notification of verification of being a winner.
- e) All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes associated with the receipt of prize money and participation in the game are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- f) Winners must pay all applicable taxes on any prizes, however depending on the jurisdiction prize(s) may be held back pending receipt of confirmation of appropriate taxes being paid.
- g) If required by law, OP reserves the right to withhold any prize until the prize winner pays the amount of any tax legally required to be submitted to the appropriate taxing authorities prior to the release of any prize.
- h) In regard to any dispute governing or associated to the redemption of any prize, the laws of the USA will prevail over the governing laws of any other country.
- a) Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and must be accepted as awarded.
- b) The value of the prizes may vary between countries in consideration of prevailing market conditions.
10) MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION:
OP reserves the right to modify, delay, or terminate the contest, and/or not award a specific prize, if the contest becomes compromised or corrupted; or should a virus, bot or other event or cause beyond the control of OP which corrupt the administration, or security of the contest. OP is not responsible for: problems downloading from the web site, incomplete, lost or misdirected submissions, computer system errors, program errors, or any other error whether caused by OP or not. We are also not responsible for: delays or failures caused by transmissions over the web; damage to the participant’s computer or any other person’s computer which is related to or resulting from your participation or downloading of any materials, or for any other technical issues related to your participation in the game.
Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
12) CONDUCT OF PARTICIPANTS:
- a) By entering, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of OP, which are final and binding in all respects.
- b) All entries will be deemed the property of OP.
- c) OP reserves the right to immediately disqualify any participant who:
- i) violates any rule, term or condition of the game.
- ii) manipulates the entry process or participates in the game in a way which gives the participant an unfair advantage over any other participant in a way which is unintended by OP.
iii) participates in a way which is disruptive to any other participant which may be seen to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participant or person, in OP’s sole discretion.
- d) OP shall have complete discretion to interpret the Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions, and any other aspect of the game, and expressly reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to anyone who in the OP’s discretion is in breach of these rules, terms and conditions or otherwise fails to satisfactorily establish their eligibility to be declared a winner.
- e) Participants agree not to create a database or a copy of data (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website(s) except where expressly permitted on the website; not to transmit or re-circulate any information obtained from this website that is open to you as a result of permission granted by logging on to the website, unless expressly permitted; not to remove the copyright or trademark notice(s); not to upload any material to our website by any means other than those designed specifically in our website for users to input information directly pertaining to the game; not to upload any programs or software that contain software viruses or any other computer code designed to interrupt, intercept, damage, destroy or change the functionality of our website; not to use our website in any way that may bring Grandpa’s VCR, Opie Productions LLC, or any of their subsidiaries into disrepute; not to use any material that may infringe on third party rights. OP assumes no responsibility or liability for any damages (including and without limitation any damages caused by viruses) to your computer, software, equipment or other property in connection with your use of this site, or downloading of any programs, data, images, files or text from this website.
13) REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
You should assume everything that you see or read on the website is copyrighted unless otherwise stated. You are free to use the content for non commercial purposes given that you do not modify it and give credit for the copyright being owned by OP. A written consent from OP is required to copy or display any portion of the content for commercial purposes. You are permitted to print pages from the website for you or your team’s personal use. No copying or distribution of material on this website may be given to other people or teams with or without payment.
15) USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT:
If you send an email, text, images, audio or other content to our website(s) you grant OP the right to permanently store and use that content anywhere on www.GrandpasVCR.com or any other website or media without payment or any compensation whatsoever.
16) LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE:
Links are welcome but you may not display the contents of our website(s) or display material not originating from our website without our express consent. If you choose to link to our website or use information from our website, it is your responsibility to verify that the information contained within those links is correct before relying on it. Links and the information contained therein may be changed or updated at any time and without notice.
17) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
On our website(s) we provide links to other sites for your convenience. These sites are independent and not subject to our control. We are not responsible for any delays arising from a site that is not available. Due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. We do not endorse, control or make any representations warranties or conditions concerning their contents or links. These linked sites have their own terms and conditions which apply if you use those sites. You should locate and review those terms and conditions on any site that you use. www.GrandpasVCR.com and any links are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. No warranties of any kind are expressed or implied and we do not accept any liability coming from any inaccuracy, omission or availability of the information presented on this website or any website that we have links to.
18) USE OF THIS SITE AND INFORMATION:
You agree not to use any information on this site or linked to this site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against OP, its sponsors, partners or suppliers.
19) RELEASE OF LIABILITIES:
Participants agree to release OP and its agents from any and all liability, loss, damage, or injury resulting from participation in this game.
20) GOVERNING LAWS:
- a) The terms and conditions of this game shall be governed by the laws of Colorado and the federal laws of the US that apply. By participating in the game you agree to be bound by the laws of these jurisdictions. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of Denver, Colorado USA for all disputes related to this website and game.
- b) As a condition of participating in this contest game, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the game, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before any court located in Denver, Colorado USA. In any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages including attorneys’ fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- a) All questions asked in the game are based on general public knowledge and any questions asked about any news event, general or specific knowledge, geographical knowledge, or questions based on a literary work, motion picture or other art form does not constitute a connection to, affiliation with or sponsorship of OP, OR THE GAME, IN ANY WAY.
- b) All materials and submissions to OP become the property of OP and will not be returned.
- c) If any provision in these rules, terms and conditions is declared to be invalid for any reason, the balance of these rules, terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect. By entering the game you agree to be bound by these rules, which OP will interpret. OP’s decisions will be final. DO NOT TELEPHONE OP – any participant who attempts to call OP regarding the contest game will be disqualified.
- d) Because of the nature of the game English is the prevailing language of the contest, however some questions may be encrypted using another language.
22) CONTACTING US:
If you need to contact us please contact us at email@example.com with an e-mail. Because of the great volume of e-mail, we may not respond to it unless in our discretion a response is imperative. Please include your name, e-mail address and telephone number on any correspondence.
23) INFORMATION, AVAILABILITY AND ACCURACY, ERRORS IN CLUES:
Although every effort has been taken to ensure that the information in the contest game and on the website is complete and accurate, some clues and puzzles included in Grandpa’s VCR and elsewhere may appear inaccurate or in error. In any game, some errors are likely to occur. Some errors and “red herrings” are purposely placed in the game. However, other errors in the encryption of clues may have occurred. If we find any errors that have not been purposely placed in the game, we will do our best to notify you or replace the information. If you find an error that you feel should not be there, please submit your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
24) We have done our best to create a game that is accurate. However, we cannot guarantee accuracy in any respect, and the game is provided “As Is” – if there are mistakes with any clues, puzzles, or solutions, we will not be and cannot be held liable for them. We reserve the right to not award the prizes in the event the contest game turns out to have irredeemable errors.
25) Opie Productions LLC. is NOT responsible for any additional expenses incurred by participants under any circumstances. 100% of the contest can be played from home and no other expenses need to be incurred.
The trademarks, logos, service marks and other names and icons identifying products and services on this site are registered and unregistered trademarks of OP and others.
27) PASSWORD AND USERNAME:
You will create a unique username and/or password as a part of the game. This username and password will give you access to additional areas on our website. The confidentiality of your password and username is solely your responsibility. You are fully responsible for any activities that occur on your account. If for some reason you become aware of any unauthorized user in your account, or you become aware of any breach of security you agree to immediately send an email to us. OP cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage or sharing of information arising from your failure to meet these requirements.
28) NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION:
Neither OP, its sponsors, partners, suppliers nor any other person or entity involved in creating, producing, or delivering the information on this website is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages or loss whatsoever, arising from or in connection to your use or access of this site. This limitation is still in effect even if OP is aware of or has been advised of or foresees the possibility of any damages occurring.
29) USER GENERATED CONTENT – RULES OF ACCEPTABLE USE:
From time to time, OP may create forums or pages where you are able to post information and material. This information will be viewed by others and is provided for the exchange of ideas and information with other contestants. This information is provided for non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information. Use of the website that does not meet these purposes is strictly forbidden. When you use these forums and website you agree to the following list of conditions. You agree that OP, in its absolute discretion has the right to remove you as a member if you break any of the following rules or the spirit of the following rules. The list, however, is not intended to be an exhaustive list of prohibited acts:
- a) You must not post any material which is confidential in nature or has been disclosed to you in confidence on the website.
- b) You must not post any links on the website where it takes users to any unlawful material or material that could damage the reputation of OP or its sponsors.
- c) You must not place on the website any code that enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or similar communications.
- d) You give OP the exclusive and unending right to reproduce, distribute and translate any and all material you place on this site.
- e) By becoming a participant you acknowledge that we have the right but not the obligation at our discretion to delete, edit or change any submission to our forums.
- f) OP accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions in our forums by you or any third party or for any loss of damage or damage to reputation resulting from your breach, resulting from your placement of these materials.
- g) You agree that in the case of legal action you will indemnify OP for any legal costs or damages brought by a third party against OP for any material that you place in any of the forums.
- h) You must not post any obscene or offensive language.
- i) You must not post on the website any material that encourages criminal conduct or conduct which is in any way unlawful or creates any civil liability.
- j) You must not post any material on the website which belongs to anyone other than yourself or where the rights to that material belong to another person or corporation without the prior written consent of its owner.
- k) You must not post any material on the website, where the use of that material, by any party, will give rise to a third party legal action or claim.
- l) You must not post any material on the website any advertisement or commercial solicitations nor use our forums for any commercial purpose. Commercial purpose includes, but is not limited to, promotion or sale of goods and or services by anyone other than OP.
30) CONTENT FORUMS:
OP reserves the right to refuse, remove, or alter any content that is posted to or available on user forums or anywhere on the website in its sole discretion. OP may or may not pre-screen, view, or edit any user postings, and as such OP is not responsible for any user postings, in any way.
31) PROBLEMS, OBJECTIONS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT FORUMS:
If our forums or website contain material which is objectionable, or material you feel is inappropriate, please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.
32) VARIATION OF RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
OP reserves the right to interpret and elaborate upon all rules, and the terms and conditions at its discretion. These interpretations come into effect immediately upon posting at the website. Any interpretations or elaborations will be deemed to be in effect as though they were posted before the game began. We strongly suggest you review these terms and conditions each time you visit the website.
33) REFUND POLICY:
Due to the nature of Grandpa’s VCR no refunds are possible. All sales are final. If you received a faulty code and need to exchange it for the same item, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a replacement.
34) YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You specifically grant us exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your name for the purposes of marketing Grandpa’s VCR and any other associated marketable venture of any monetary or non-monetary value. Suggestions and feedback given by you in regards to Grandpa’s VCR are appreciated, but you understand and agree that we can use them without obligation to compensate you for them, in the same way you have no obligation to offer them.