Exceptional Student Education
The Bureau of Exceptional Student Education administers programs for students with disabilities. Additionally, the bureau coordinates student services throughout the state and participates in multiple inter-agency efforts designed to strengthen the quality and variety of services available to students with special needs.
Topics of Special Interest
- Fact Sheet: Section 2014 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- TIES Distance Learning Overview
- Start with the End in Mind: An Infographic to Guide Decisions about Student Participation in the Alternate Assessment
- The Center for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE): A federally funded project providing resources specific to mediation, facilitation and other collaborative processes as strategies for resolving disagreements related to special education.
- Center for Parent Information & Resources: A federally funded project for parents and parent centers serving families of children with disabilities with many free resources.
- OSEP Centers and Grants: The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Program (OSEP) provides information on this site specific to its federally funded grants that provide technical assistance and services to families, schools, districts and States.
- ED IDEA: The U.S Department of Education’s website with information and resources on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act or IDEA.
- Discretionary Projects Webinars for Parents and Educators
- Bureau Presentations
- Annual State Application for IDEA, Part B - FY 2021 (PDF):
- 2021 FDOE 1% Waiver Extension Request DRAFT (PDF)